Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spot, Flood, Rest, Repeat

I'm going to update finally because I miss my outlet and its been long enough. Since a few days after my last post I've been bleeding. I had an ultrasound on the 31st that showed an enthusiastic little chicken nugget dancing around my uterus. And the heart beat looked good-No signs of problems. On April 2nd I was still spotting and saw my doctor. They did a high def ultrasound and saw that I had 2 other eggs that had been released but were disintegrating (yeah, I could of had triplets, I almost fainted). My right ovary dropped all 3 eggs and it was slightly swollen but still within normal range. Peanut was still dancing, heart rate at 167. Estimated due date: November 1st. Doctor examined me and said he was not too concerned about the spotting, just the extra eggs disposing of themselves or implantation bleeding. Ok.
No spotting over the weekend. Went to Academy on Monday, the 6th to get miss Mack and Howard new shoes. I felt restless, anxious, couldn't stop moving! Once we got back to the car, I kind of relaxed and we drove a few blocks to go look at new cell phones. I go to get out of the car and I feel wetness.
*tmi from this point on*

I'm bleeding profusely through my jeans. Its everywhere. I panic, tell Howard and quickly loads the kids in the car. I immediately call my parents, tell them what's going on and we are bringing the kids to them right now. We drop off the kids, my Mom calls my doc who says to go to the nearest hospital and I lose it. I was crying before the kids left but now I'm a basket case! I was convinced of a miscarriage. My basket caseness scared my husband to death. He kept asking me if I was in pain, which I wasn't-at all!
We get to the hospital and I get checked in. My blood pressure is sky high- 182/110. I'm scared. After talking to one of the sweetest nurses possible, I calmed down a little. Then I see the blood when I take my clothes off and really get freaked out. Finally I see a doc and he does an exam on me. There's a lot of blood but he sees no active bleeding. He asked the nurse for clamps and she hands him forceps and my husbands eyes got bigger then dinner plates! He used it to pull out a large blood clot that they said had no tissue in it, so that's good. My cervix didn't seem open, so that's good too. But we need lots of blood work and a major ultrasound.
Got blood work done, waited an hour and a half finally the ultrasound tech came in. Within seconds of the ultrasound starting, Howard relaxed and cried. I couldn't see the screen but finally they told me that the baby is moving, heart is beating and he looks fine. I cried, prayed and cried some more. After almost a 2 hour ultrasound that left me feeling sore, bruised but so relieved they told me they don't know what happened. They don't know why I'm bleeding, but the baby and I seem to be fine. Will we stay fine? They have no idea. But right then they statused me with 'attempted miscarriage' and put me on 100% bedrest. Oh and my blood pressure was back to normal when I left there.
Tuesday April 7th- had another high def ultrasound at my doctors office. Still bleeding profusely and am passing clots on a regular basis. Other eggs are gone, baby still great, sees no problems. Very confused tech. She's shocked at the amount I'm bleeding but can't tell where its coming from. Finally, I see my doc. I explain everything again and he tells me he believes I'm experiencing something called a 'Venus pool'. A Venus pool is when the placenta attaches itself to the uterus and because it kind of digs into the uterus sometimes there can be some scar tissue, uterine lining or blood between the uterus and placenta and to get rid of it the body flushes it out so it won't hurt the baby or placenta. Ok. It shouldn't cause any pain, and it will go away. Until then, I'm on 100% bedrest until the bleeding has been gone for 24 hours.
It's been 2 weeks and 2 days. Most days its like a light period but I also have excessive bleeding period days with clotting. Not fun. I went 15 hours with no blood about 8 days ago. I cried like a baby when it came back.
There are days when I feel like I'm fighting the inevitable, that my body is trying to get rid of the baby and I can't stop it. And some days I feel so pregnant I can't believe I'm only 12 weeks.

I've missed so much- church, Easter activities, Kenzie's birthday party, school events, Howard's birthday, shopping- and yeah I know that sounds weird but I can't go anywhere!!
My school work is slacking with late assignments and very unsympathetic instructors. Some of my friends think I abandoned them.
I'm depressed. Wasn't this pregnancy supposed to be easy?

So, there's my commentary from my pillow. Next appointment with my doc is Friday the 24th. I hope I don't attack him with my crazy hormones and depressedness.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I am so sorry to hear what is happening. My thoughts have been with you guys constantly since I heard. As for the school work, your like me and want that perfect GPA so bad but life happens and sometimes school work just isnt as important as the other things and that is ok. Dont get discouraged.