Sunday, March 1, 2009

The lull

Ok so the jinxing got worse. There is nothing better then a 3:30am Jail phone call.
That did get worked out, thank God.
The next few days were the norm. Nothing overly special. I was being pulled into the jailbirds drama, but got out successfully, relatively untouched.

Saturday was an awesome day. We woke up and it was cold and windy. I had a roast cooking overnight to do pulled pork so the whole house smelled heavenly all day! We wanted to get out of the house so we took the girls to the park. Everyone said they'd get sick, but they're fine lol. We had a blast. Then we came home and an hour after we got home, we realized that the oven had been turned off. Nice, huh?! Anyway, so that set us back for 2 more hours. During those last hours my mother in law called the husband and asked if we wanted company. So, they came up and spent the night. It was nice to see them but I was so ready for them to leave. I love my mother in law but there was not a sentence that came out of her mouth that she wasn't complaining about SOMETHING. That really weighs on you after hours of it.

I finished my final project and got it turned in, which was a huge relief.

So something I didn't really let out-
My board interview went wonderful. I was way too honest and had them laughing within minutes. They seemed to like me because they asked me to wait out in the lobby while they talked, immediately called me back in, shook my hand and said 'Congratulations! We'd love to move on with the process with intention to hire' what?what?WHAT?! YAY!!! I was so excited! So now they are doing a background check on me (which I am happy to say is nothing but bad credit and a minor accident in '02). I was told that I should hear back by the Background Officer within a week. That will be Tuesday. So...time will tell.

No comments: