Sunday, February 15, 2009

Woah-I'm scared of myself

Sometimes I miss the goofy love stuff that comes *mostly* at the beginning of relationships. I miss the gaga eyes and the cuddling and the just being with each other that seems to satisfy your every need no matter what's going on.

My husband is a very romantic person. I'm usually not. Doesn't mean that I don't enjoy it and obviously miss it when it's not there. My husband and I are in love, without a doubt. I guess I just miss being a couple sometimes. Back when just the two of us were doing whatever we were doing and that was enough to keep us happy. The simpler part of falling in love. I miss the butterflies, the eye catching, gooshy stuff sometimes.

While waiting half an hour for Twilight to start last night, I laid my head on my husband's shoulder, he put his arm around me and literally we almost fell asleep and would have if some people hadn't wanted to squeeze by us in a packed theater. I don't remember the last time we did that.

Like I said, I am not the romantic one in this relationship. I am the emotional one, the sympathetic one, the overly sincere and reflective one but Howard is definitely the romantic one. We are still that couple who kisses a lot, who always holds hands and calls each other pet names. But when it comes to the hard core gaga eye, butterfly fluttering romance...I think I killed it.

Can it be resurrected?

No comments: